Monday, April 4, 2011

Olive & Wine

New shop in the City Centre.  At first, I thought wow, this is really excessive...totally unnecessary.  Then, I started sampling...yum!  They're olive oils in all different flavors!  I got two bottles, Roasted Garlic and Cilantro.  They're a really great way to bake or cook with to add a kick of flavor.

They also have balsamic vinegar concoctions.  They have little small sample sizes at the register, if you want to go really small to test.  They have 2 sizes, smaller one is $9, bigger ones $19.  The truffle oil was $19 and $39.  By the way, I now know the difference between truffle oil and chocolate truffles, two totally different things.  If you want to know what truffles taste like, try the truffle oil here, you'll totally get it.
So much fun!  Bread for sampling, I could have stayed here all day...to the point of wearing out my welcome.  I also got these convenient pour spouts.  Good for drizzling.  They're only $5 each.  It's so neat in here, great idea, never seen such a thing.  Owner says they have this concept in other major cities.  Anyways, I think it's really cool, can't wait to use my new olive oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment