Monday, February 27, 2012

Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar

I think I can safely say residents and job holders in the Heights have been anxiously waiting for Liberty Kitchen's open.  It's now been opened for about 4-6 months already.  When I walked in, I was a bit preoccupied and on the phone, the hosts were friendly and waited till I got off the phone, sat me at a booth.  Nice casual interior.  Kind of shabby, not chic, but urban cool.  Jay arrives and we order, I get the Liberty Burger substitute buffalo with fries and Jay got the Tuna Salad Melt with fries.  The burger was really good, fries were fine.  Jay said his food was good.  I guess one should try the oysters, but we didn't, it's lunch, does anyone eat oysters for lunch?  I don't eat oysters at any time of day, so I guess it doesn't matter for me.  I'd be curious to know what people think about Liberty's oysters.  That could be a huge problem if they weren't good.

The decor was nice.  Casual atmosphere, some booths, some tables.  I noticed they had reclaim wood on the walls, different paint, I liked it.  It had an original feel to it.  I wonder if they had it imported like Uchi had theirs.  You can see mostly all the patrons in the entire restaurant with their nice and open setting.  Servers are cool.  Definitely a good place and option for lunch in the Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment