Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pizaro's Pizza Napoletan

Pizaro's is new and on the west side of town.  It's definitely not a sexy joint.  More like a storefront.  I can deal with it if the pizza is awesome.  It's probably not somewhere I'd go regularly just because of it's location.  The owner says they're working on opening inside the loop, but I also think it's just a quick in and out lunch spot, not somewhere you want to linger around.  So their big thing is that they have this 900 degree oven that cooks your pizza in 90 seconds!  I had a bit of high expectations and hoped it would meet them.  The owner is very proud of the quality and taste of his pizzas and rightfully so!

We ordered the Salsiccia e Funghi, crushed pomodor tomatoes, oven roasted mushrooms, sausage, and mozzarella, $14.  That's not a very appetizing name, is it?  But, it was sooooo good!  I ordered the Pomodorini, crushed pomodoro tomatoes, fresh grape tomatoes, garlic, basil and mozzarella, $14.  I was impressed.  The texture and flavors were spot on.  The taste and ratio of tomato sauce, cheese, crust...the crust just really really good.  Did I mention I practically ate an entire 12 inch pizza myself?  I was full the rest of the day. 

I was craving it a few days later and picked up a pizza while in the neighborhood.  I hope they move closer, I can't be driving all that way for a pizza! 

No comments:

Post a Comment