Friday, October 14, 2011

Felix 55 (Rice Village)

I was told there was something here previously that wasn't very good but always dead, but the name won't stick in my head...Paul, something?  My roommate is moving to D.C. for a job at the FDA...different, isn't it?  She's a former Rice area resident who's informed me of the history of Felix 55's new home.  So, she picks Felix 55, which I keep meaning to try because of the buzz about it...it's more a soft buzz, and I'm glad she reminded me, great pick!  It's in between D'Amico's and Baker's St Pub.

I like the atmosphere inside and out.  Outside is more casual, with this arbor and even porch swings, which I think is more of a decroative piece.  We tried the swing, softly, but ended up hitting the chair in the next section.  It doesn't seem like it's an approriate behavior to engage in, I think we got a few funny glares.  The interior is more upscale, but with this weather, you have to sit outside!  

We shared the turkey panini substituted fries for the truffle fries, seared tuna salad, and the chocolate cake, which they brought out for free for Diana's birthday.  I love sharing food by the way, it's such a fun way to dine and try a variety of foods.  People that don't like to share ever, scare me.  If I don't know them, I guess I question if this person is just not adventurous, uptight, what??  It's also a great way to see how comprimising a person is or how much in common you have.  I mean, it's one thing if you love something so much you want to eat that, and that thing only.  That's the way I feel about the Corsica at Empire cafe.  I absolutely love that dish.  I don't care to try anything else there because I've pretty much tried everything worth trying there.  If someone asked me to share another dish with my Corisca, I would probably, thankfully decline.  That's different.  But, if you're trying a new place....why not?  I totally digress, back to Felix 55...I thought all the food was good.  I wished there were more greens with the salad, but the sauce and amount of tuna was spot on.  Or maybe it seemed like a lot of tuna in comparison to the greens.  We thought, oh, they gave us a lot of tuna!  The panini was good, kind of uninspiring, but still fine.  Prices weren't totally outrageous, but not cheap either.  Our salad was $13 and the panini was $10.  I was told the dinner menu is something to try.

Ok, that's really all I have to say.  I do recommend going, great outdoor seating.

No comments:

Post a Comment