Thursday, January 26, 2012

Convivio


I had heard from a complete stranger that the new Convivio was worth a visit, though I was hesitant because of location and former failed business, Table Seven.  On a day I was looking for a new wine bar, I decided to give it a whirl and I was actually pretty impressed.  I really liked the interior set up.  It's set up like a bunch of community tables, the lighting, everything just felt so festive and different.  I really liked it a lot. 

The second time I went, the crowd and lighting were different and I think I changed my mind about how much I liked it.  The food was fine and the wine was good.  I think I'm learning I'm not that big on Tapas restaurants.  However, I still liked the atmosphere, I think it'd be a great place to do a small group dinner and can't wait to sit at one of their fun and festive community tables.  I also liked their menus.  It's pasted on a wine bottle!  I thought that was creative and cute.  This place gets a pretty big crowd.

Who is this man I'm photographed with here, you may be wondering.  It's Charlie McDaniel!  He's an old friend and also management here, I just discovered.  He's also opening up a new restaurant with the same management here, I forget the restaurant name, caddy corner to Boheme off a Fairview.

The staff is really great, very helpful.  I thought they were wonderful and they make your experience nice.  They also make you feel like they want you here.  That's always nice.  I think this place is great for small to even large groups.  Go check it out, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment