Friday, December 4, 2009

Rainbow Lodge

With much reserved anticipation, I finally visited Rainbow Lodge for my birthday after 3 years of first hearing of it. I've always heard great reviews but was always hesitant envisioning walls decorated with deer heads and other game, dark, and very uninspiring space. I was half right. There were deer heads and other gamey animals on the walls, felt much like an authentic cabin in the woods. However, there was one section, full of windows, on one side, the bayou, lots of greenery, which gave it a really nice woodsy feel with lots of sunlight. Our waiter said guest can actually walk in the bayou area just on the other side of the windows and that people actually get married there, wink wink.

I had the NY strip steak with fries. I actually had to call our waiter back and ask if the fries were supposed to look this way. He came back with a fresh plate of long fries. The steak was not the best I've had, probably on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 5. The fries were crispy and tasty. I finished off my meal with a pumpkin cheesecake. I'm not a cheesecake fan, but this cheesecake was delish! Crust was yums, cheesecake didn't taste too pumpkiny. My dining mate had the Crab Risotto, it was a bit too crabby for me, but he liked it. The atmosphere cozy, very log cabin like, service was excellent, our waiter, Mike was fun, friendly and very accommodating.




No comments:

Post a Comment