Monday, November 30, 2009

Giacomo’s Cibo e Vino

Giacomo's. It's new. On Westheimer near Kirby. I've been wanting to visit and try this new restaurant, Italian, organic ingredients, wines, express dining. I got the Pappardelle al telefono - wide noodles with garlic & oil, cherry tomatoes, basil & mozzarella, $10.00. One of my dining mates got the tortelli di bietola ravioli - stuffed with swiss chard, ricotta, and goat cheese in sage butter, $11.00. The other got cotoletta di maiale alla milanese - pork loin chop coated in seasoned breadcrumbs, sautéed in butter and topped with frisee, fennel, and olives, $12.00. I had a bite of eaches, all the dishes were good, tasty. What I wasn't crazy about was the atmosphere or the funky odor...smelled a bit like an old house and a bit dark and gloomy inside, but the decor is updated and modern. I'd probably go back...not really. I'm big on atmosphere, there's enough good places out there for me to go back to something that's overall ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment