Friday, December 3, 2010

Birthday Lunch @Masraffs!

Janice and I decide Masraff's for my birthday lunch.  Ooh la la.  Nice interior.  Recently moved 8 months ago, but have been around for 11 years!  In the old Post Oak Shopping Center.  No wonder I've never been.  Everything over there is hidden, hard to notice restaurants.  This is a much better location.


Janice orders the wine, Rombauer 2006 - Napa (Cab/Blend).  I noticed I like cab blends.  I liked it A LOT!  Very very good! 

We decide to sit outside, there's a half water wall, nice touch.  Complimentary bread, butter and olives.


I get the Filet Mignon a la Plancha, Sautéed Portobello and Green Onion, Potato, Brie and Bacon Timbale, Bordelaise ($34). When I was ordering, our server said it's one of the best in Houston.  He asked me what I thought and like I told him, it's good, but not the best I've had.  The potato wrapped in bacon was tasty.  Great with the wine!

Janice gets the Farfalle Pasta, Slow Cooked Chicken, Organic Peas, Cultured Mushrooms,Parmesan Broth ($22).  She said she liked it, but I don't believe her.  I thought it was pretty bland.

On the house, made by our server/bartender.  I forget what this was, milk, sugar and some alcohol I forget..JB something?.  Janice liked, I thought it was fine.  I was so red in the face from the wine, I couldn't get myself to drink this.  It was subtle.

Aww...complimentary dessert.

How nice.  Cake was bland, cookie yummy.  ;)

 
Bananas Foster, looks delicious doesn't it?  Something is wrong with this ice cream, it's to icy.  Overall tasty, not the best.

Our server/bartender...Vicent?  I forget his name.  My overall dining experience I thought was good.  I thought the service was excellent, staff were very personable and checked up on us often, including the manager.  They all really seemed like a team.  Great experience.

Masraff's
1753 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Tel: (713) 355-1975
Fax: (713) 355-1965

Hours
Mon-Thurs:11 am-10 pm
Fri: 11 am - 11 pm
Sat: 6 pm - 11 pm
Sun: Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment