Wednesday, December 4, 2013

London - Day Seven



Today is the final day of our honeymoon vacation and we decided to spend it in London.  We were pleasantly surprised to see Bruno not only had a basket of snacks and wine waiting in our room, but also had our room upgraded!  What a very thoughtful gift and it really set the tone of our day.

We started our day in London traveling here and about mid afternoon headed out to The Only Running Foot Man Pub and ordered the best fish and chips I've ever had.  We then visited Buckingham Palace, soon after we walked to Harrods which was highly recommended by Bruno.  I had to see what all the fuss was about...and wow, it's like a little city!  Anything you want, it's there.  I took a few shots of the food mall, but it isn't a good reflection of the enormity of Harrods by any means.  It was quite an experience and it really got me in the Christmas mood.

After that huge eye orgasm, we headed over to Covent Gardens next to our hotel, walked around the cool shops and market area, it was really cold tonight and we dropped in Dishoom, an Indian restaurant.  Wow, great food again!  Fyi,  I did research on all these restaurants before we went and they all had high ratings.  I just could not bear another sub par meal.  So, I'm happily stuffed tonight  again and am sure I have gained 10 pounds! 

Well, our vacation is over and we are headed back tomorrow morning.  I'm actually looking forward to getting back to Houston and getting back to normal life.  It's been a long, cold, fun, inspiring, fattening, super enjoyable trip.  We had a great time in Paris and I found the Parisians to be so nice and friendly, although we always made an effort in French first by asking "pallez vous anglais?" (do you speak English).  And we all know the Brits are just cool people.  We had a fabulous honeymoon in Europe, just fabulous!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment