Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Five Guys Burgers and Fries



Five Guys Burger and Fries gets much praise, so obviously, I had to try it.  It's mostly located in suburbs, but this one is located off of I-1o near Bunker Hill.  Things I commonly hear about it is "it's the best burger" and "greasy". 



I finally make it there, interior decor looks like In and Out Burgers.  Simple red and white tiles, long lines, but it goes fast. 



Staff is very helpful and suggested me and my girlfriend share the fries, it's enough for two she said.  The little burgers have one patty, while the big burgers have two patties. 



I got a regular little burger with onions, tomatoes, pickles and lettuce with mustard and ketchup.  While you sit and wait for your food, you can grab a paper basket, scoops some peanuts and munch while you wait.  It's not a long wait.  I found my burger tasted like a standard burger.  Something I could make at home, nothing special.  Maybe if I added all the fixings, I'd be wowed.  My lunch mate had the little burger with cooked mushrooms, she loved it.  What I concluded was, if you take advantage of the fixings, it's great.  Since I like my burgers simple, it wasn't a great experience for me.  I judge my burgers based on how the actual beef patty taste.  In that respect, it was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment