Friday, August 6, 2010

Restaurant Week #1 – Flemings



I've always wanted to try Flemmings, just never got around to it, so this was my first hit on restaurant week's list.  I loved the bread that also came with this cheese and butter dip.  It was rosemary bread...so good.  I thought I was only going to eat one, but I had three!  Very good, I liked the cheese spread, the butter spread was ok.



I chose the Flemmings salad (Seasonal Greens, Candied Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, Tomatoes, Croutons, Lemon Balsamic Dressing).  Outside of the candied walnuts, it was a pretty standard salad.  My mom didn't finish hers.



The filet mignon was ok, the creamed spinach I did not like.  It just didin't taste good at all.  The mash potatoes were fine.  Half way through our dinner the manager comes by and asks "How is everything going Ms. Kim?"  That's a first...I've never had a manager come by and address me by my name.  I thought the fact that he went the extra mile was pretty impressive.



The key lime pie was not the best I've had, not even close.  It was sweeter than I like my desserts and tasted decent.  I had a few bites and took it home, I wasn't tempted to finish it, not even the slightest bit.  My mom got the walnut turtle pie, which was way too sweet.  Our waiter was busy, but good.  Overall dining experience was ok.  Not sure what all the hoopla is about, it's definitely not one of the best steakhouses in Houston.

1st

Classic Caesar

Fleming’s Salad

Seasonal Greens, Candied Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, Tomatoes, Croutons, Lemon Balsamic Dressing

 Summer Corn Chowder

With Crispy Bacon

2nd

Petite Filet Mignon

Chicken Breast

Baked in a White Wine, Mushroom, Shallot, Thyme Sauce

 Tuna Mignon

Seared Rare with Poppy Seed au Poivre and Tomato Sherry Vinaigrette

 Sides

Creamed Spinach

Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic

3rd

Key Lime Pie


 NY Style Cheesecake

 Walnut Turtle Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment