Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here I go...

This flight is dead...I guess Thursday, 12pm is not a popular time to fly. Ten days...wow, what was I thinking?! By the time I get back, it will be mid November! 

You know, I've been to San Francisco once, but I still have no idea what to expect with this trip. Ten days feels like a long time to be away and being away from work always gives me a little anxiety. Don't things always seem to blow up when you're away.

So, just before I leave, Denyse calls me and advises me to carry my bag onto the plane to avoid the $35 bag fee.  I mostly fly Southwest, so I really wasn't even thinking about it, but if I really think about it, I paid $240 for my tickets, with the bag fee that brings me closer to $300, which puts things in perspective.  However, I'm not keen on the idea since I have shampoo, conditioner, face wash, toothpaste, and hair stuff.  She strongly encourages me to just leave it behind and buy up in SF, maybe totaling $5 for travel size items.  It'll definitely take a little compromise, but its' actually really smart advise.  So, I dump everything and here I am, "roughing" it.  I guess the good thing about traveling is it makes you step out of your comfort zone.  I think it's always smart to force yourself to experience something where you have to shed your comfort things.  Makes you less set in your ways and flexible, thus easier to be around.

My mom is dropping me off at the airport and I tell her I would take a cab back home since my flight arrives at 2am on Sunday, next Sunday.  She absolutely wouldn''t have it and said she'd come pick me up because she's my mom.  She's so awesome.  It makes me realize when people ask you for a favor like picking up or dropping them off at the airport, it's a really loving gesture to make time to do it.  The weight shouldn't be on the time factor, but the love factor.  Anyways, I let her borrow my car for the week and a half I'll be gone, give her a quick lesson on how to drive a Prius, and watched her slowly whizz away.

So what's on the itinerary? Run the 1/2 across Golden Gate, hang with Halbert, sis, then Denyse flys in and we do Napa! Mostly, I just want and plan to hang around and do the local scene. Ok, gotta go, we're boarding! Stay tuned...

Lost my awesome Osha Thai restaurant photos, but was able to get a shot of the Froyo shop called Fraische, where they had a pumpkin flavor, that was so good.  Halbert is such a great host!

No comments:

Post a Comment