Monday, November 28, 2011

Simone Wine Bar (West U)

The last time I was here it was known as Vintage 49.  I always thought it was a nicely designed and cozy wine bar, but the crowd just wasn't there.  On my return and discovering there was a change of name and owners, I was surprised to see it actually had a really good and diverse crowd.

The staff was always friendly and they still are.  The wine by the glass options are few, liquor and unfamiliar beer options, cheese plate was decent to good.  I was told the menu was really vamped, and truffle fries weren't bad and presented in a decorative deep fryer, cute.  They also have a nice outdoor patio out front with walls covered with climbing vines.  This will definitely be on my list of favorite late night wine bars.  Go visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment