Friday, August 5, 2011

My Hairstylist John Chao (Cutloose)

People ask me all the time where I get my hair cut.  I've been going to the same guy for maybe 6 years now, I think, maybe longer.  His name is John Chao and he's at Cutloose Salon located off of Westheimer and Dunlavy. 

He layers really well.  He's a little wild, so I always tell him not to go too short on top, as he gave me a mullet my first visit.  I wore my hair in pony tail for a few weeks as I was so abhorred by my haircut.  But, after a few weeks, it started to fall right and to my surprise, people kept asking me where I got my hair cut.

What I like most about him is that he gives me a hairstyle and not just a haircut.  He knows what he's doing.  He doesn't need to be told how to cut your hair, minus to not cut it too short on top.  I go in with all these pictures of celebrity hairstyles.  But in the end, I just let him do what he wants...minus not cutting it to short on top...did I mention to tell him not to cut it too short on top....see, I was traumatized.

He shows you little tips about how to make your hair look fabulous once you get home.  His services are not cheap, my haircut is now $80.  For me it's worth it since I only get my hair cut once, maybe twice a year.  He looks a little wild in these pictures, but he's a little puppy.  This orange hair is new, he's always had poofy black hair.  He said he's had it for 8 months, so don't be frightened by his punk look, he's super sweet, skilled and attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment