Saturday, August 6, 2011

Restaurant Week Hit #1 - Eddie V's Seafood (Upper Kirby/West Ave)

Sorry, no photos.  It was so dark inside, my photos weren't coming out right.  So, I decided to nix the camera and just enjoy the food and experience.  I've heard so many positive things about Eddie V's, but still had no idea what to expect.  Walking in, it's dark, but cozy.  It's got a Houston's Restaurant atmosphere, but a tad more upscale. 

We notice the servers aren't very chatty.  They're in these white tuxes and are very polite, but I was wondering if they're trained not to say much, because it really gives off a very upscale feeling to the entire experience.  We all decide to order off the Restaurant Week's Menu, $35 for a pre fixe menu.  I order the "Crispy Seared Tuna Loin Wok Fired Shiitakes, Soba Noodles, Soy Broth", sooooo good.  The others got the "Jonah Crab Gazpacho Paquillo Pepper Crème Fraiche", which they said was very good as well.  For our main course, we all mostly got the "New Zealand Barramundi Citrus Fruits, Brown Butter, Roasted Macadamia Nuts"...which was ok, way too buttery.  It's all I could taste.  I tasted the Salmon option, which I thought was fishy.  For dessert, most of us got the "Texas Peach Cobbler Mexican Vanilla Bean Ice Cream".  We all wished the cobbler was warm, it wasn't.  I tried the Chocolate Pecan Pie and wasn't a fan. 

If you go to Eddie V's for Houston's Restaurant Week, I suggest you order off the regular menu as I didn't think either fish dishes were fantastic.  However, our server did suggest the Parmesan Chicken out of the three.  Maybe, I'll try that next time, but I'm not really motivated to go back and try their regular menu for now.  Regardless, their service was excellent and so was the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment