Saturday, August 6, 2011

Visiting Grandma


One of favorite things to do Saturday afternoon is to visit grandma at the nursing home with my mom. She's not really my grandma by blood, but I've known her all my life, so she feels like family. It's fun hanging out with three generations during these visits.  It's when my mom goes back in time and tells the most interesting stories of the way things were in Korea and when we first came to America.

Look how stinking cute Grams is and she's 94!  She's so fun to hang out with and I love watching her eat the bananas my mom brings religiously because Grams really likes bananas.  My mom cuts her hair and I paint her nails.  She likes red, so that's what color her nails are.  She holds on to my feet because she doesn't want us to leave when she doses off. She's so cute I want to bite her! 

By the way, Seven Acres Nursing Home is probably one of the nicest nursing homes I've been to.  Although it's a Jewish nursing home and now thinking about it...Grams has a picture of Jesus over her bed...yes, you don't have to be Jewish.

No comments:

Post a Comment